MB BS, BSc, MD, FRCP
Areas of expertise:
• Arthritis (all types: eg Rheumatoid Arthritis, Spondylarthropathies, OA)
• Autoimmune connective tissue diseases (eg Lupus, Sjögrens, Scleroderma)
• Osteoporosis and other Bone Diseases
• Hypermobility disorders
• Back pain disorders
• Psoriasis-related musculoskeletal disease (eg enthesitis, tendonitis, dactylitis, backpain).
• Soft-tissue and regional pain conditions (eg shoulder pain, tendonitis, Carpal Tunnel, elbow pains, plantar fasciitis [heel pain])
Addenbrooke's Hospital Cambridge (NHS Practice)
• By arrangement - please contact for availability
• Nuffield Hospital (Cambridge and Ipswich)
• Cambridge Spire Lea Hospital
• Gilmour Piper Ipswich
• Fellow of The Royal College of Physicians
• International Bone and Mineral Society (IBMS)
• American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
• National Osteoporosis Society
• Royal Society of Medicine
• British Society for Rheumatology
• Bone Research Society
• Fellow of The Royal Geographical Society
Dr Clunie is a Rheumatologist and Metabolic Bone Physician (NHS work at Addenbrookes). He has been a Consultant Rheumatologist in Ipswich for 12 years and has had a substantial subspecialty interest in metabolic bone diseases (osteoporosis included) for much longer.
Dr Clunie has pioneered the development of Fracture Liaison Services in the UK working with The Department of Health, National Osteoporosis Society, National Hip Fracture Database and other agencies, over the last 5 years. He has been Director of DXA scanning Units in both Ipswich and London (UCL). He has published research in both bone and rheumatological diseases and is the author-editor of 3 textbooks: 2 in Rheumatology (Oxford Handbook and Desk-Reference) and one on Osteoporosis.